Thank you for your interest in employment with the Fauquier County Water & Sanitation Authority (WSA). WSA employees perform diverse work in areas that include engineering, water and wastewater treatment, utility systems maintenance, customer & field services and administration. Although day-to-day job responsibilities vary greatly, our employees share a common goal of providing reliable and dependable water and wastewater services while protecting the health and well being of our customers, the community and the environment.
The WSA is committed to employment practices that promote individual and organizational excellence. We support our employees by offering training and professional development opportunities to support their success, competitive pay practices that value their skills and contributions, group benefit plans to help balance family and work responsibilities, and retirement programs to aid their future.
The following position(s) is currently open (click link for job description):
Maintenance Mechanic II (Open Until Filled)
To apply for open positions please click: Apply Here
*User must first create a profile if one has not already been set up. Once profile is created go to top of page and select- Find Jobs-> Search For Jobs-> Select which job you are applying for*
All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening paid for by the Authority.
Paid Internships with the Authority (No Open Vacancies At This Time)
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited institution or a recent college graduate (within the last two years). If enrolled in an undergraduate program, must be a junior or senior.
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must exhibit a genuine interest in learning about the Authority as well as gaining practical work experience.
Application for Internship:
- Interested applicants must apply online through the Fauquier County Water and Sanitation Authority's (“the Authority”) online tracking application system. All applications must be complete. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Applicants must include a short essay as an attachment with the online application (not to exceed one page) explaining your interest in working for the Authority or how an internship at the Authority will enhance career goals.
- If selected for an interview, applicants must provide 2 letters of recommendation from faculty and/or former Supervisor prior to being interviewed;
- If selected for an interview, applicants must provide proof of GPA or official copy of most recent undergraduate or graduate transcript prior to being interviewed.
If you have any questions regarding the above listed position opening(s) you may contact the Fauquier County Water and Sanitation office as follows:
Human Resources: Nikki Martin
Fauquier County Water and Sanitation Authority
7172 Kennedy Road
Warrenton, VA 20187
Phone: (540) 349-2092 ext. 115
Fax: (540) 347-7689
The FCWSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer