- Water & Wastewater
- Customer Service
- Engineering & Construction
- Contact Us
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, COVID-19, the Fauquier County Water and Sanitation Authority Adm... [more...]
Mission & Overview
The Authority is an independent political subdivision of the Commonwealth empowered by the Virginia Water and Waste Authorities Act - § 15.2-5100 et seq. of the Code of Virginia, 1950 as amended, to provide public water and sewer service in the County of Fauquier and is not a department of Fauquier County.
The Authority was first chartered in 1964, and is governed by a five member Board. Individual Board Members are appointed by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors and serve four year terms. The Board appoints the Executive Director, who is responsible for the Authority's daily management. The Authority derives no revenues from County taxes. This means all Authority income is received either as user fees from customers, which go towards operating expenses, or as developer fees which are used to pay for capital improvements.
As a customer-based utility, the Fauquier County Water and Sanitation Authority provides quality, reliable water and wastewater services in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner.
The Fauquier County Water and Sanitation Authority will be recognized by our customers, our peers in the water and wastewater industry, and regulatory agencies as an Authority displaying operational excellence through continued use of new and renewable technologies.
The Fauquier County Water and Sanitation Authority values:
- Integrity - We demonstrate honesty, fairness, and consistency in dealing with others
- Accountability - We take ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes
- Transparency - We carry out meaningful internal and external communication with others
- Teamwork - We work together to solve problems and provide quality services
- Continous learning and improvement - We pursue personal growth and development to improve the services we provide
- Innovation and creativity - We seek new ways to solve problems and to carry out our mission
- Respect - We listen carefully to what others say and value their opinions and thoughts
.... as we provide service to our customers and work with one another